Monday 24 September 2012

Plus size outfit day

While i was catching up on blogs last month i spotted this post on Miss Temple's blog. It was for plus size outfit day if you want to read about the ideas and lovely ladies behind it check out this post from Miss Bartoz or this one from Rubenesque. There is also details on there if you are interested in joining in.
The idea is for bloggers from all over the world to show their take on the monthly theme and share fashions.

So the theme for this month was burgundy, i knew straight away which dress i would choose. I had bought this dress from New Look on a recent shopping trip. The skater dress is very popular at the minute lots of places seem to be selling them, this is only the second skater dress in my wardrobe but I'm sure it won't be my last. The dress is still available here and was £22.99 which is pretty cheap compared to some of the other skater dresses I've seen.


P1012663

I bought the dress in a size 24 the 22 fit me perfectly but i felt it was a little short so i sized up for some extra length. As you can see the dress is still pretty short on my 5 4" frame. The colour of the dress is a great deep wine red as close to burgundy as i have in my wardrobe, and its made from a fairly thick jersey so it will last during the winter too.


P1012666

P1012667

I wore the dress with black pumps and a leopard print headscarf from primark and my squirrel necklace from asos. The belt I'm wearing came with the dress and its fits with extra room, its not one of those plus size dresses that come with a tiny little belt that doesn't even fasten!

That was my take on burgundy take a look at what the others have done


Do you have many burgundy items in your wardrobe?
XOXO



35 comments:

  1. The dress looks amazing on you! I really like your hairdo with the leo-scarf (also a leo-fan, haha).
    Funny, I ordered at new look a few days ago and thought about buying the same dress, but then chose another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't think you can ever have enough leopard print its great. The dress is lovely just a bit short xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you it feels so girly being a skater dress xx

      Delete
  3. i love your dress :-)
    the topic was perfectly implemented

    LG
    Steffi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I hope I can do so well on the other :) xx

      Delete
  4. You look pretty as always. Super cute outfit, looks pretty comfy, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it was I was wearing it all day and it never got uncomfortable xx

      Delete
  5. I have eyed with this dress for some time now, it is so beautiful and the color is perfect. Looks awesome on you, really pretty outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great dress especially now it's getting colder it's nice and thick. Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  6. Love this dress, I seem it in store but wasn't sure if it was worth the money, but you have made me want it. Also wanted to join the challenge but my blog hasn't been love long enough.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great and I'll be ok length wise as your a shorty like me :p the colour is fab. They did want more people to be involved you could always try cos the next pod isn't till oct so your blog will be another month older then, there wasn't any rules when I joined if there were my blog wouldn't have been old enough either xx

      Delete
  7. I love this dress. It's just amazing.

    XX,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it they have it in blue and I'm tempted to get it too xx

      Delete
  8. I love your look, you look gorgeous!!!
    nice glasses ;-)
    I am a new follower!!!

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderfull!
    I like the rockabilly touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is amazing. I really love it.

    I wore a burgundy skirt today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank lovely it's such a lovely colour so much of it about atm I can't wait to see the pics if you have some xx

      Delete
  11. It looks great on you ,and I love the colour.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :) me too I'd like more of it in my wardrobe xx

      Delete
  12. Oh my God you look amazing! The shape is perfect on you, and burgundy is so your colour! <3 I'll have a nosy and see what the challenge thing is all about xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Louise your too kind :) I do like the colour I think it's a great winter colour . The challange is fun I hope I can pull next months off xx

      Delete
  13. you look gorgeous!! i'm in love with this dress! Great!

    XX Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) they have it in blue too which is very tempting xx

      Delete
  14. I need to get myself to Primark! They seem to have some really lovely stuff. You look gorge, and the headscarf is ace! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do I love getting accessories from there :) thank you xx

      Delete
  15. Only your second skater dress??? My god, how have you survived! I think I'm gonna take part in the next POD, sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know ! You should its great I always love these type of challanges when you get to see everyone's take on things :) xx

      Delete
  16. I love this dress. I almost brought it yesterday. I'm quite glad I didn't now as I thought it was short on the hanger and compared to another dress I already have thst I held it up against. It seems completely different to the other New Look skater dresses I have. I'm 5ft 8 so I reckon this one wouldn't even touch me! You look stunning in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your blog of the blue and did think it was longer its not too bad for me cos I'm short but it would be very flashy for you lol xx

      Delete
  17. Wow you looks so beautiful and cute. I really impress by your all images. This dress perfect suits on you. Its too good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) its a cute dress they do it in blue too which i want too xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.