Monday 17 September 2012

Spotty skunk love

I wore this to work last week it's a lot nicer than the dresses i usually wear but i'd not worn it yet and i was eager to show off my new AMAZING kissing skunk brooch which goes perfectly with the dress. I bought this dress on one of my many recent shopping trips. It was in the sale at H&M for a purse friendly £10, it's original price was £29.99 and for such a great dress i would have paid the full price. I got the in a 2xl I'm afraid i have no idea how this translates into numbered sizing but I'm a 22 and i love the fit on me. The dress is made from a jersey material so does have a fair bit of stretch and has 2 layers to it so it'll be perfect for winter too.


The dress has a really nice detail on the side where the material is bunched up, unfortunately i couldn't get this to show up in pictures. The dress was so comfy and it's a great length on me meaning i don't have to wear tights. The cross front covers well but can easily be placed to show off more flesh if required.

P1012648

I wore the dress with black pumps from primark £5 and my new brooch. Words cannot describe how much i love this brooch, i really love skunks and loved reading and watching Bambi as a child (many a tear has been shed! ) So when i saw Rowan from Kitchen sink tweet that her one of a kind Bambi jewellery was up for sale i headed straight to the site to have a look. As soon as i saw this brooch i added it to my basket and went in search of my bank card. The brooch is made using pictures from an old Bambi story book and there all one of a kind so no one else will have the same piece as you. The brooch was £19 which is the most I've ever paid for jewellery for myself but how could i say no?!

P1012649

Have you grabbed any bargains or one offs recently?
XOXO


10 comments:

  1. ahhh i love this dress, but most of all the skunk brooch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wrap dress is verry flattering on you! very sexy, perfect with he red lip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks I love it it's perfect :) and only £10! Xx

      Delete
  3. I love polka dot dresses and have a couple myself. What a bargain and it looks gorgeous on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I think I have about 10! An addiction some might say lol thank you ! Xx

      Delete
  4. I honestly could not love that cute as a button brooch more! It's adorable! Congratulations on finding such a unique piece of jewellery. Totally worth the money. I've bookmarked the site in case something similar pops up- although I'm tempted by the thumper and bambi versions.(Skint til payday though).

    The dress looks amazing on you. Such a lovely shape, and what a bargain! I love the neckline and the hour glass shape it gives you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it I love the other bits too thumper is so cute but I loved skunks more! Thank you I love it too and for £10 you can't argue Xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely dress, sadly I rarely find anything bigger than a 14 in my two local H&M's and the staff are normally so rude anyhow that I avoid going in. LOVE that brooch to pieces, also love skunks : ) Plus how cute are your meerkats in the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The + section in the one near me was really good but a few people have said they have issues with the staff being rude and unhelpful. I love skunks so much too I always love seeing them at the zoo xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.