Sunday 23 September 2012

Stop spending october

A few weeks ago the lovely lucy from lifethrulucylasticaslense asked if i wanted to take part in her STOP-tober similar to the stop smoking  campaign being run except we would give up spending for the whole month of october. Check out Lucy's post here and please feel free to join in, the more people i have for support (when i inevitably have a breakdown because that dress/cardigan/playsuit has now sold out and my life will never be the same again) the better.
The main idea is to give up your biggest extravagance each month which isn't hard to pin point for me, its clothes and i have the wardrobes to prove it!


I will then post once a week to show the things that i loved but left and how much money not buying them has "saved" me. Im sure this will highlight how much i spend on clothes and although i tend to buy clothes from places i have "accounts",so I'm not really paying for it right away, i will still save money by not increasing my balance.
I really hope i can go the whole month, if you get involved you can have a get out of jail free card to use on one item if you need to. As Lucy is the queen of frugal and all things money saving I'm sure she won't use hers but I'm afraid i can't say the same for me!
So do you think you can handle stop-tober ? fancy getting involved?
XOXO

8 comments:

  1. So many beautiful clothes! Good luck with the challenge. I couldn't do it! I'd never manage an entire month. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'll need it keep your fingers crossed xx

      Delete
  2. Crap, don't think I have the willpower to do it...makes me panic just to think about going cold turkey actually. Good luck x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! This makes me do sad face :( We all need to spend more with small businesses like mine to get the economy moving again! Maybe should change to no-big-brand-tober lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't stop buying everything just the one thing you spend most on so mine is clothes but other people are doing books or make up. I could still buy make up and books just not clothes xx

      Delete
    2. Ah yes I get it - I suppose that's a good experiment actually! Mine would probs be toiletries & jewellery!!! x

      Delete
    3. It will be for me I really need to get to grips with how much I spend on clothes. I still buy books and make up but I've never had a control problem with these but I loose all control when it comes to clothes lol xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.