Wednesday 28 November 2012

A Christmas party dress

There are plenty of parties to go to at this time of year and we all know you need that perfect dress something cute and fun that will help you stand out from the crowd. When Simply Be contacted me recently they offered me the chance to choose a party dress of my choice. I had a browse through not sure what to pick, there were so many to choose from and I'm not the best at quick decision making but i eventually decided on this

P1013213

I decided to go for this dress as i really liked the lace pattern and the colour is amazing! I got this dress in a 22 and it fits over the bust but is a little big on the waist so my advise is if you have a smaller chest the me to size down.

P1013216
Please excuse the crazy face!

The material of the dress is stretchy but thick so it keeps its original shape. The top of the dress is just lace which you can see through, it then goes down into a cream lining with the lace stitched over the top. The dress has pleats in the skirt part so it has a nice flare to it, you could add a belt to the dress if you wanted but i couldn't find the right one so decided to wear it without. The dress is still available online here if you want to make it your Christmas party dress.

P1013220

The only negative i have with the dress is that for me its a little short to wear with bare legs so i wore the dress with black tights, but i this weather I'd probably freeze with bare legs anyway!
I wore this with my Irregular Choice heels (which have the most amazing feathers on) my kitty ears and my bow double finger ring. I love this dress its amazing and i know when the Christmas party season is over it will still be a firm favourite in my wardrobe.

P1013221

Have you picked your Christmas party dress yet? I'd love to see it :)
XOXO

This dress was sent for me to review but as always all opinions are my own and i was not paid to write this post

23 comments:

  1. Love this dress, a perfect choice!! :) And those heels, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous dress!;) Since I put on weight again I haven't worn a dress. First it makes me feel too vulnerable and second my legs rub against each other and it hurts like hell. But now I find myself wanting to wear a dress again, but the pain...I'd have to wear tights and some sort of long shorts. Do you have the same problem? Any tips?
    Love,
    Diana from http://thegirlwhocouldntbeafashionista.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love wearing dresses never let your size stop you from wearing something ! I wear rights or in the summer I wear comfort shorts underneath they are like the shiny kind of cycling shorts and the stop your legs rubbing they sell them on yours clothing for about £6 best things I ever bought! Xx

      Delete
  3. I've been looking at that dress!! It looks great on you!
    And those shoes are FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may die for your shoes..:)) Wonderful.. Extremely wonderful.. Also I like your dress and your headband..:)) You seems so happy dear Rachel. I really want to be with my family this new year. You know last year I was alone again here far from my family.. Thank you for your good wishes for me..:)
    All best days..:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely comments as always beck :) I hope you can with with your family this year xx

      Delete
  5. fab dress and those shoes are amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the dress and the shoes are my favourites xx

      Delete
  6. aww those ears! & you are wearing shoes! fancy shoes!!! :) looking beautiful as always x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know gotta put shoes on when I'm weari g my fancy sizzle lol xx

      Delete
  7. Amazing! Those shoes are awesome and the cats ears are so cute I might burst. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should own a pair of cat ears! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  8. You look amazing! And OMG those shoes are fab! Love the cat ears too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise I do love me some animal ears :) it's a cute dress it looks even better on real life xx

      Delete
  9. Wow! This is the perfect party dress on you. I love the colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, that dress is fab! it looks great on you, i will have to add this to my 'wishlist' now :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) it's a cute dress a little short but nothing tights won't solve xx

      Delete
  11. love the dress, an idea wud be maybe to try a belt if it feels loose xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.